Recent Installation : Patrick Scott : Gold Painting 50
The collections of my corporate clients typically house a selection of contemporary and modern art in the form of paintings. Often with a lot of wall space and a busy footfall, pictures have and continue to provide good investment and colourful decorative solutions.
The benefits of starting a corporate collection:
- Enhanced working environment
- Positive staff moral
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Company perceived as successful, progressive and forward thinking
"Culture is Cool" Art & Design has a younger culturally interested audience.
Where hanging space or solid walls are limited consider:
- Large scale sculpture
- Mobile Art / Video Installations
- High end design pieces
In a world dominated by media technology video installations in communal areas provoke immediate reaction sparking interaction and conversation.
Approach to collecting:
- Decide an annual budget that works for the company
- Identify what you want to achieve with your collection
- Consider staff deomographic
- Consider visitor demographic
- Assess the building with regard to hanging & display for maximum impact
- Engage an advisor who will collaborate, identify, source & provide access to your preferred choice of art work
A modest budget can successfully address spaces of high importance in a corporate setting
Improving existing collections:
- Compile short but informative narratives about the artists and thier work
- Create a changing environment and consider moving pieces around the building
- Ensure areas of busy footfall are well represented by the collection
- Look at lighting and presentation
- Consider condition, do frames need touching up, prints re-mounted
Changes such as these transform an existing collection and compel the viewer to perceive the art in a new way.
With the correct display and installation, art & design in many mediums can create an immediate impression on staff and visitors and are often the start of a comfortable and universal conversation.