Recent Furnishing & Interior Design Project
Red Brick Edwardian Villa, c.530sq.m/5,700sq ft.
Decorate and Furnish; Dining Room; Sitting Room; TV Room; Kitchen; Den; Conservatory; Home Office; Bedrooms; Conservatory & all Communal Spaces – Reception & Galleries
Mixed European 20th Century to include Arts & Crafts, Art Nouveau, Art Deco, Mid Century Modern & Contemporary
- Selected all window & carpet floor finishes - Advised on interior colour scheme
- Compiled a schedule of appropriate European Furnishing Sales and Venues
- Researched, discussed and selected pieces of interest with client for each sale and venue.
- From September 2012 to December 2013 viewed and purchased at approx 25 auctions in London, Paris, Vienna, Munich and Genoa.
- Attended specialist fairs in Paris & London and bought 10 pieces from antique dealers in both Vienna and London. In all cases negotiated 20% to 30% below asking price.
- Personally dealt with the research, purchase and shipping of all items including storage & insurance during transit.
- All of these purchases, tables, chairs, bookcases, mirrors, lighting, sculpture, o’bjet d’art etc, are collectable, re-saleable pieces.
- Due to number of young adults in the house modern soft furnishings were chosen for the TV room with modern beds and customised headboards for all bedrooms.